Incoloy® 825 Alloy
W. Nr 2.4858
Heat exchangers, Extraction columns, Mixing tanks, Pipes, Pumps, Valves, Food processing equipment, Fasteners, Springs
INCOLOY® 825 is a nickel-iron-chromium alloy with excellent resistance to sulfuric, phosphoric, and nitric acid environments. Additional alloying elements provide resistance to pitting/crevice corrosion, chloride induced stress corrosion cracking, oxidizing environments, and intergranular corrosion. INCOLOY® 825 can maintain these properties from cryogenic temperatures up to 1000°F while also retaining cold worked strength. The alloy can be fabricated, machined, and welded via most conventional processes similar to those of austenitic stainless steels.
Oil & Gas, Chemical Processing, Nuclear Power Generation, Toxic Waste Management.
Ni: 38.0 – 46.0
Cr: 19.5 – 23.5
Ti: 0.6 – 1.2
Mo: 2.5 – 3.5
Mn: 1.0 max
S: .50 max
Si: .50 max
Fe: 22 balance
Al: 0.20 max
C: 0.05 max
S: 0.030 max
Density: 0.294 lb/in3, (8.14 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 28.3 x 103 ksi (196 GPa)
Modulus of Rigidity (G):
At 70°F (20°C): 11.0 x 103 ksi (76 GPa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
11.1 µin/in.-°F (70°F to 2000°F)
20.2 µm/m-°C (25°C to 1100°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 44.1 µΩ.in, (112 µΩ.cm)
Thermal Conductivity: 76.8 Btu-in/ft2hr-°F, (11.1 W/m-°C)
Wire & Bar: ASTM B425, NACE MR0175/ISO 15156, NACE MR0103.
Typical Mechanical Properties – Spring Applications
- Heat Treatment: 1700-1975°F (930-1080°C)
- Tensile Strength: 85 – 105 ksi; (586-724 MPa)
- Suggested Operating Conditions: Up to 1000°F (538°C)
- Tensile Strength: 150 ksi min; (1035 MPa)
- Suggested Operating Conditions: Up to 500°F (260°C)
INCOLOY® is a registered trademark of Special Metals Corporation group of companies.
For further information Contact:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1 847 695 1900
Elgiloy Specialty Metals – Wire Products
356 N.Cross Street
Sycamore, IL 60178 USA
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
• The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
• Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
• The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
• Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
• In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.