Haynes® HR-120® Alloy
W. Nr 2.4854
Heat treatment baskets, Wire mesh belts, Heat treating fixtures, Basket liners, Muffles/retorts, Recuperators, Fluidized bed components, Waste incinerators, Turbine engine parts
Haynes® HR-120® alloy is a solid solution strengthened heat resistant alloy that provides excellent strength at elevated temperature combined with very good resistance to carburizing and sulfidizing environments. Its oxidation resistance is comparable to other widely used Fe-Ni-Cr materials but its strength at temperatures up to 2200°F is significantly higher. HR-120® also has excellent resistance to hot corrosion in molten salt environments used for parts heat treating. The alloy can be readily cold or hot formed and is commonly welded using Haynes 556® filler wire and MULTIMET® electrodes.
Industrial Heat Treating, Chemical/Waste Processing, Food Processing
C: 0.03 – 0.10
Mn: 1.5 max
Si: 0.03 max
B: 0.01 max
Ni: 35.0 – 39.00
Cr: 23.0 – 27.0
Co: 3.00 max
Mo: 2.50 max
Nb (Cb): 0.40 – 0.90
W: 2.50 max
N: 0.15 – 0.30
Al: 0.40 max
Fe: 33 Bal min
Density: 0.291 lb/in3, (8.07 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 28.7 x 103 ksi (198 GPa)
Modulus of Rigidity (G):
At 70°F (20°C): 11.0 x 103 ksi (76 GPa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
9.87 µin/in-°F (70-1800°F)
17.8 µm/m-°C (25-1000°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 41.4 µohm-in, (105.2 µohm-cm)
Thermal Conductivity: 83 Btu-in/ft2-hr-°F, 12.0 W/m-°C
Wire & Bar: ASTM B408
Typical Mechanical Properties
- Heat Treatment: 2048-2246°F (1120-1230°C)
- Tensile Strength: 110-140 ksi (758-965 MPa)
- Suggested Operating Conditions: Up to 220°F (1205°C)
Haynes®, HR-120®, and MULTIMET® are registered trademarks of Haynes International, Inc.
For further information Contact:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1 847 695 1900
Elgiloy Specialty Metals – Wire Products
356 N.Cross Street
Sycamore, IL 60178 USA
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
• The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
• Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
• The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
• Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
• In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.