Haynes® 230® Alloy
Heat treatment baskets, Catalyst grid supports, Gas turbine components, Heat exchangers, Bellows, Wire mesh belts, Heat treating fixtures, Basket liners, Muffles/retorts, Dampers, Thermocouple sheathing, Flame shrouds
Haynes® 230® alloy is a nickel-chromium-tungsten-molybdenum alloy which combines excellent high temperature strength and oxidation resistance up to 2100°F with superior long-term stability and good fabricability. It has lower thermal expansion characteristics than most high temperature alloys and resists grain coarsening with prolonged heat exposure. Haynes® 230® also exhibits excellent low cycle fatigue properties at high temperatures and is one of the most nitriding resistant materials available.
Industrial Heat Treating, Power Generation, Aerospace, Chemical Processing
C: 0.05 – 0.15
Mn: 0.30 – 1.00
Si: 0.25 – 0.75
P: 0.030 max
S: 0.015 max
B: 0.015 max
Ni: Bal min
Cr: 20.0 – 24.0
C0: 5.00 max
Mo: 1.00 – 3.00
La: 0.005 – 0.05
W: 13.00 – 15.00
Al: 0.50 max
Fe: 3.00 max
Density: 0.324 lb/in3, (8.97 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 30.3 x 103 ksi (209 GPa)
Modulus of Rigidity (G):
At 70°F (20°C): 11.5 x 103 ksi (79 GPa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
8.9 µin/in-°F (70-1800°F)
16.1 µm/m-°C (25-1000°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 49.2 µohm-in, (125.0 µohm-cm)
Thermal Conductivity: 62 Btu-in/ft2-hr-°F, 8.9 W/m-°C
Wire & Bar: AMS 5878 & ASTM B435 (chemistry only)
Typical Mechanical Properties
- Heat Treatment: 2048-2246°F (1120-1230°C)
- Tensile Strength: 110-140 ksi (758-965 MPa)
- Suggested Operating Conditions: Up to 2100°F (1150°C)
Haynes® 230® and MULTIMET® are registered trademarks of Haynes International, Inc.
For further information Contact:
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
• The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
• Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
• The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
• Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
• In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.