INCONEL® Alloy X750 Coil, Strip, Foil, to AMS 5542 and AMS 5598
Springs operating from cryogenic temperatures up to 1300°F (704°C), fasteners and components requiring resistance to high temperature and corrosive environments.
INCONEL® Alloy X750 is a precipitation-hardenable Nickel-Chromium alloy with high strength at temperatures up to 1300°F (704°C) and oxidation resistance up to 1800°F (982°C). INCONEL® Alloy X750 offers excellent resistance to relaxation and as a result it is widely used for springs operating at elevated temperatures.
Oil & Gas Extraction and Processing, Nuclear, Aerospace, Power Generation and Automotive
C: 0.08 max
Mn: 0.35 max
Si: 0.35 max
S: 0.010 max
Cr: 14.0 – 17.0
Nb: 0.70 – 1.20
Ti: 2.25 – 2.75
Al: 0.40 – 1.00
Fe: 5.00 – 9.00
Co: 1.0 max
Ta: 0.05 max
Cu: 0.50 max
Ni + Co: 70.0 min
Density: 0.299 lb/in3, (8.28 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 31.0 x 103 ksi (214 GPa)
Modulus of Rigidity (G)
At 70°F (20°C): 12.0 x 103 ksi (82.7 GPa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
7.8 µin/in.-°F (70°F to 600°F)
14.5 µm/m-°C (20°C to 538°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 48.0 µΩ.in, (122 µΩ.cm)
Thermal Conductivity: 83 Btu-in/ft2hr-°F, (12.0 W/m-K)
Strip and Foil: AMS 5542, AMS 5598
Typical Mechanical Properties
- Tensile Strength: 130 ksi max (896 MPa) max
- Spring Temper
- Tensile Strength: 160 – 220 ksi (1100 – 1517 MPa)
- After Precipitation Heat Treat
- Heat Treatment: per AMS 5542 / AMS 5598
- Tensile Strength: 160 ksi (1100 MPa) Min
- Suggested Operating Conditions: Dependant on heat treat. See SMC publication for details.
INCONEL® is a registered trademark of the Special Metals Corporation group of companies.
For further information Contact:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1 888 843 2350
Elgiloy Specialty Metals – Strip Products
1565 Fleetwood Dr.
Elgin, IL 60123 USA
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
- The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
- Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
- The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
- Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.