Incoloy® Alloy 825
Applications include chemical processing, pollution control, oil and gas recovery, acid production, pickling operations, nuclear fuel reprocessing and radioactive waste handling.
Incoloy® 825 is a Nickel-Iron-Chrome alloy with excellent resistance to sulfuric and phosphoric acids. It is also resistant to oxidizing and reducing acids, stress corrosion cracking, pitting and intergranular corrosion.
Chemical and Petrochemical, Oil & Gas, Pollution Control and Nuclear
C: 0.05 max
Mn: 1.00 max
Si: 0.50 max
S: 0.030 max
Cr: 19.50 – 23.50
Ni: 38.0 – 46.0
Mo: 2.50 – 3.50
Ti: 0.60 – 1.20
Al: 0.20 max
Cu: 1.50 – 3.00
Density: 0.294 lb/in3, (8.14 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 28.30 x 103 ksi (196 GPa)
Modulus of Rigidity (G)
At 70°F (20°C): 11 x 103 ksi (76 GPa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
8.8 µin/in.-°F (70°F to 1000°F)
15.8 µm/m-°C (20°C to 538°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 44.4 µΩ.in, (113 µΩ.cm)
Thermal Conductivity: 76.8 Btu-in/ft2hr-°F, (11.1 W/m-K)
Strip: ASTM B424, NACE MR0175
Typical Mechanical Properties
- Heat Treatment: 1832°F (1000°C)
- Tensile Strength: 85 ksi (586 MPa) min
- Suggested Operating Conditions: -300°F to 1600°F (-184°C to 871°C)
INCOLOY® is a registered trademark of the Special Metals Corporation group of companies.
For further information Contact:
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
- The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
- Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
- The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
- Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.