Haynes® Alloy 214
Honeycomb seals, flame hoods, burners, mesh belts, catalytic converters, Chlorine contaminated incinerator systems, and other static oxidation – limited parts
Haynes® Alloy 214 is a nickel-chromium-aluminum-iron alloy with excellent high temperature corrosion and oxidation resistance at and above 955°C (1750°F). H214 is best suited for high temperature, low stress environments. Haynes® Alloy 214 is sold in the solution heat treated condition. At temperatures above 1750°F, an Al2O3 type oxide scale develops, providing excellent resistance to carburization, nitriding and corrosion in chlorine-bearing oxidizing environments.
Aerospace, Automotive, Industrial Heating, Medical Waste Disposal, and Land-Based Gas Turbines.
C: 0.15 max
Mn: 1.00 max
Si: 0.50 max
S: 0.015 max
Cr: 15.0 – 17.0
Co: 2.0 max
Mo: 1.0 max
W: 1.0 max
Ti: 0.50 max
Al: 4.0 – 5.0
B: 0.015 max
Fe: 2.0 – 6.0
Y: 0.002 – 0.004
Density: 0.293 lb/in3, (8.1 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 31.5 x 103 ksi (218 GPa)
Modulus of Rigidity (G):
At 70°F (20°C): 12 x 103 ksi (84 GPa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
7.4 µin/in.-°F (70°F to 1000°F)
13 µm/m-°C (20°C to 538°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 55 µΩ.in, (140.0 µΩ.cm)
Thermal Conductivity: 83 Btu-in/ft2hr-°F, (12 W/m-K)
Strip and Foil: B50A913, B50TF219, PS-6073, MTS 1379-1, MSRR7238, PWA 1130, DMD 0495
Typical Mechanical Properties
- Heat Treatment: Per specifications
- Tensile Strength: 115 – 160 ksi (790 – 1100 MPa)
- Suggested Operating Conditions: -330°F to 2400°F (-200°C to 1315°C)
Haynes® is a registered trademark of Haynes International, Inc.
For further information Contact:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1 888 843 2350
Elgiloy Specialty Metals – Strip Products
1565 Fleetwood Dr.
Elgin, IL 60123 USA
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
- The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
- Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
- The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
- Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.