Alloy AL-6XN® Stainless Steel
Mixing tanks, Heat exchangers, Extraction/distillation columns, Pipes, Pumps, Food processing equipment, Caustic chloride systems
AL-6XN® alloy is a corrosion resistant iron-base super-austenitic stainless steel specifically designed for seawater resistance. The alloy surpasses the performance of conventional duplex stainless steels and can be a lower-cost alternative than other nickel-base alloys. AL-6XN® also has resistance to a wide range of other corrosive environments, including protection from chloride induced stress corrosion cracking and pitting/crevice corrosion in oxidizing solutions.
Chemical Processing, Oil & Gas, Nuclear Power Generation, Food Processing
C: 0.030 max
Mn: 2.00 max
Si: 1.00 max
P: 0.040 max
S: 0.030 max
Cr: 20.0 – 22.0
Ni: 23.5. – 25.5
Mo: 6.00 – 7.00
Cu: 0.75 max
N: 0.18 – 0.25
Density: 0.291 lb/in3, (8.06 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 28.3 x 103 ksi (195 GPa)
Modulus of Rigidity (G)
At 70°F (20°C): 10.8 x 103 ksi (74 GPa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
7.9 µin/in.-°F (70-212°F)
14.2 µm/m-°C (20-100°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 35 µohm-in, (89.0 µohm-cm)
Strip and Foil: ASTM B688, ASTM A240
Typical Mechanical Properties
- Heat Treatment: 2030-2192°F (1110-1200°C)
- Tensile Strength: 100 – 130 ksi (690-900 MPa)
- Suggested Operating Conditions: -320°F to 800°F (-196°C to 427°C)
For further information Contact:
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
- The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
- Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
- The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
- Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.