Combined Metals of Chicago, L.L.C. and its associated business units are committed to operating in a manner that protects the environment and the health and safety (EHS) of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate.
Meeting this commitment is a primary management objective and the individual and collective responsibility of all employees.
To that end, we will:
- Meet applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations, commitments with customers, company requirements and other requirements as appropriate to our business.
- Strive to prevent injuries and ill health by encouraging safe behaviors and implementing and continually improving safe work environments and practices.
- Strive to minimize environmental impacts from our operations and prevent pollution.
- Regularly assess and continually improve EHS performance by implementing management systems that provide a framework for setting and achieving EHS objectives and targets.
- Integrate EHS excellence into our planning, decision-making, and change management processes.
- Train, inform, and hold employees accountable to conduct their activities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Promote the adoption of similar principles by our contractors and suppliers.
- This policy will be communicated to all employees and made available to the public. It will be reviewed periodically for continuing suitability.
Jim Darrow, President
Combined Metals of Chicago, LLC
Elgiloy Specialty Metals
Division of CMC