Combined Metals of Chicago, L.L.C. and its associated business units (Elgiloy Specialty Metals) are committed to operating in a manner that protects the environment and provides safe and healthy work conditions which are appropriate to the risks to which workers and others are exposed.
Meeting this commitment is a primary management objective and the individual and collective responsibility of all employees.
To that end, we will:
- Meet applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations, commitments with customers, company requirements and other requirements as appropriate to our business.
- Strive to eliminate hazards and minimize risks in consultation with and participation of workers, and encourage safe behaviors to continually improve safe work environments and practices.
- Train, inform, and hold employees accountable to conduct their activities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Strive to protect the environment, including pollution prevention and other specific requirements relevant to the organization.
- Implement an EHS management system that provides a framework for setting EHS objectives and a process of continual improvement to enhance safety and environmental performance.
- Integrate EHS excellence into our planning, decision-making, and change management processes.
- Promote the adoption of similar principles by our contractors and suppliers.
This policy will be communicated to all employees and made available to the public. It will be reviewed periodically to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate to the organization.
Ed Kurasz, President
National Materials L.P.