Nimonic® Alloy 90
W.Nr 2.4632, 2.4969
Springs operating from ambient temperatures up to 1112°F (600°C), fasteners and components requiring resistance to high temperature and corrosive environments.
Nimonic® 90 is a precipitation hardenable Nickel-Chromium-Cobalt alloy with high strength at temperatures up to 1300°F (704°C) and creep and oxidation resistance up to 1688°F (920°C).
Oil & Gas Extraction and Processing, Nuclear, Aerospace, Power Generation and Automotive.
Cr: 18.0 – 21.0
Co: 15.0 – 21.0
Fe: 3.0 max
Ti: 1.8 – 3.0
Al: 0.8 – 2.0
Mn: 1.0 max
Si: 1.5 max
C: 0.13 max
Density: 0.296 lb/in3, (8.18 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 32.0 x 106 psi (220 GPa)
At 1000°F (538°C): 27.0 x 106 psi (185 GPa)
Modulus of Rigidity (G):
At 70°F (20°C): 11.9 x 103 psi (82.0 Gpa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
8.2 µin/in.-°F (70°F to 1000°F)
14.8 µm/m-°C (20°C to 538°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 46.5 µΩ.in, (118 µΩ.cm)
Thermal Conductivity: 80 Btu-in/ft2hr-°F, (11.5 W/m-K)
Wire & Bar: AMS 5829, BS HR 501, BS HR 502, BS HR 503, BS 3075- NA19, NACE MR0175 / ISO 15156-3, NACE MR0103
Typical Mechanical Properties – Spring Applications
- Solution Treated
- Heat Treatment: 1922 – 2012°F (1050 – 1100°C) + WQ
- Tensile Strength: 157 ksi max; (1080 MPa) max
- Spring Temper
- Heat Treatment: As supplied condition.
- Tensile Strength: 189 – 223 ksi; (1300-1540 MPa)
- Spring Temper + Aged
- Heat Treatment: After spring coiling. Age: 1202°F (650°C) for 4 hours. Alternatively, Age at 1112°F(600°C) for 16 hours and air cool.
- Tensile Strength: 189 – 260 ksi; (1300 – 1800 MPa)
- Suggested Operating Conditions: Optimum stress and low relaxation at temperatures up to 700°F (371°C)
- Solution Treated + Aged
- Heat Treatment: After spring coiling: Solution Heat Treat: 1976°F (1080°C) followed by rapid cooling + Age at 1382°F (750°C) for 4 hours and air cool. Alternatively, Age at 1292°F (700°C) for 16 hours and air cool
- Tensile Strength: 145 – 203 ksi; (1080 – 1400 MPa)
- Suggested Operating Conditions: Optimum resistance to relaxation at temperatures up to 1112°F (600°C)
Nimonic® is a registered trade mark of the Special Metals Corporation group of companies.
For further information Contact:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1 847 695 1900
Elgiloy Specialty Metals – Wire Products
356 N.Cross Street
Sycamore, IL 60178 USA
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
- The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
- Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
- The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
- Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.