L605 (Haynes® 25)
Bearings, shafts, springs and surgical fixation wire.
Udimet® alloy L605 (Haynes® alloy 25) is a Cobalt-Chromium-Tungsten solid-solution strengthened alloy with excellent mechanical strength and oxidation resistance at high temperatures. This alloy also has good fatigue resistance and galling resistance.
Medical and Aerospace.
Cr: 19 – 21
W: 14 – 16
Ni: 9 – 11
Fe: 3.0 max
Mn: 1 – 2
Si: 0.40 max
C: 0.05 – 0.15
P: 0.04 max
S: 0.03 max
Density: 0.335 lb/in3, (9.27 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 32.6 x 103 ksi (225 GPa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
7.6 µin/in.-°F (70°F to 600°F)
13.6 µm/m-°C (20°C to 300°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 34.9 µΩ.in, (88.6 µΩ.cm)
Thermal Conductivity: 65.0 Btu-in/ft2hr-°F, (9.4 W/m-K)
Wire & Bar: AMS 5759, AMS 5796, ASTM F90, ISO 5832-5, NACE MRO175 (ISO 15156-3).
Typical Mechanical Properties – Spring Applications
- Heat Treatment: 2155°F (1180°C)
- Tensile Strength: 130 – 180 ksi; (896 – 1240 MPa)
- Suggested Operating Conditions: -330°F to 1200°F (-200°C to 650°C)
- Spring Temper
- Tensile Strength: 220 – 280 ksi; (1517 – 1930 MPa)
- Suggested Operating Conditions: -300°F to 1200°F (-200°C to 650°C)
Udimet® is a registered trademark of the Special Metals Corporation group of companies, Haynes® is a registered trademark of Haynes International, Inc.
For further information Contact:
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
- The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
- Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
- The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
- Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.