Haynes® 263 Alloy
Low temperature combustors, Transition liners, Rings
Haynes® 263 alloy is an age-hardenable Ni-Co-Cr-Mo alloy designed to combine very good aged strength with excellent fabrication characteristics in the annealed condition. While its strength at high temperature is not quite as high as Waspaloy or R-41, it is far easier to form or weld than these alloys. Haynes® 263 exhibits excellent intermediate temperature tensile ductility and is not normally subject to strain age cracking problems common for gamma prime strengthened alloys. In many applications, Haynes® 282® has replaced Haynes® 263 due to its superior mechanical properties and further improved fabricability.
Aerospace, Land Based Turbines
C: 0.04 – 0.08
Mn: 0.60 max
Si: 0.40 max
P: 0.015 max
S: 0.007 max
B: 0.005 max
Ni: Bal min
Cr: 19.00 – 21.00
Co: 19.00 – 21.00
Mo: 5.60 – 6.10
Ti: 1.90 – 2.40
Al: 0.30 – 0.60
Tl+Al: 2.40 – 2.80
Fe: 0.70 max
Cu: 0.20 max
Density: 0.302 lb/in3, (8.36 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 32.1 x 103 ksi (221 GPa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
9.9 µin/in-°F (70-1800°F)
18.1 µm/m-°C (25-1000°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 45.3 µohm-in, (115 µohm-cm)
Thermal Conductivity: 81 Btu-in/ft2-hr-°F, (11.7 W/m-°C)
Wire & Bar: AMS 5872 (chemistry only)
Typical Mechanical Properties
- Heat Treatment: 1900-1050°F (1038-1177°C)
- Tensile Strength: 110-140 ksi (758-965 MPa)
- Suggested Operating Conditions: Up to 1650°F (900°C)
- Heat Treatment: 1475°F for 8 hours
- Tensile Strength: 160 ksi min (1103 MPa)
- Suggested Operating Conditions: Up to 1300°F (704°C)
Haynes® 263® is a registered trademark of Haynes International, Inc.
For further information Contact:
Phone: 1 847 695 1900
Elgiloy Specialty Metals – Wire Products
356 N.Cross Street
Sycamore, IL 60178 USA
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
• The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
• Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
• The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
• Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
• In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.