Haynes® Alloy 214
W. Nr 2.4646
High temperature mesh/fixtures, refractory anchors, static oxidation-limited parts, high temperature chlorine-contaminated applications
Haynes® Alloy 214 is a nickel-chromium-aluminum-iron alloy with excellent high temperature corrosion and oxidation resistance at and above 955°C (1750°F). Haynes® Alloy 214 is sold in the solution heat treated condition and is best suited for high temperature, low stress environments. At temperatures above 1750°F, an Al2O3 type oxide scale develops, providing excellent resistance to carburization, nitriding and corrosion in chlorine-bearing oxidizing environments. H214 exhibits good forming and welding characteristics, provided that extended time at intermediate age-hardening temperatures is avoided.
Aerospace, Automotive, Industrial Heating, Medical Waste Disposal, and Land-Based Gas Turbines.
C: 0.15 max
Mn: 1.0 max
Si: 0.50 max
S: 0.015 max
Cr: 15.0 – 17.0
Co: 2.00 max
Mo: 1.00 max
W: 1.00 max
Ti: 0.50 max
Al: 4.00 – 5.00
B: 0.015 max
Fe: 2.00 – 6.00
Y: .002 – .040
Ni: 75 Bal min
Density: 0.291 lb/in3, (8.05 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 31.6 x 103 ksi (218 GPa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
11.1 µin/in-°F (70-2000°F)
20.2 µm/m-°C (25-1100°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 53.5 µohm-in, (135.9 µohm-cm)
Thermal Conductivity: 83 Btu-in/ft2-hr-°F, 12.0 W/m-°C
Wire & Bar: PS-6104, PWA 1130
Typical Mechanical Properties
- Heat Treatment: 1950-2050°F (1066-1121°C)
- Tensile Strength: 130-150 ksi (895-1035 MPa)
- Suggested Operating Conditions: -330°F to 2400°F (-200°C to 1315°C)
Haynes® is a registered trademark of Haynes International, Inc.
For further information Contact:
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
• The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
• Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
• The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
• Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
• In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.