Alloy 20 Stainless Steel
Extraction columns, Heat exchangers, Mixing tanks, Pipes, Pumps, Valves, Food processing equipment, Springs
Alloy 20 is a nickel-iron-chromium alloy with excellent corrosion resistance in acidic environments including phosphoric, sulfuric, and nitric acids. Alloying additions also provide resistance to stress corrosion cracking in chloride rich environments. Alloy 20 can be fabricated and welded through most conventional processes while maintaining resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion.
Chemical Processing, Food Processing, Oil & Gas
C: 0.07 max
Mn: 2.0 max
Si: 1.00 max
P: 0.045 max
S: 0.035 max
Ni: 32.00 – 38.00
Cr: 19.0 – 21.0
M0: 2.00 – 3.00
Cu: 3.00 – 4.00
Cb + Ta: 8*C-1.0 max
Fe: Bal min
Density: 0.292 lb/in3, (8.08 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 28.0 x 103 ksi (193 GPa)
Modulus of Rigidity (G):
At 70°F (20°C): 11.0 x 103 ksi (76 GPa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
8.2 µin/in-°F (70-212°F)
14.7 µm/m-°C (25-100°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 53.5 µohm-in, (135.9 µohm-cm)
Thermal Conductivity: 85 Btu-in/ft2-hr-°F, 12.3 W/m-°C
Wire & Bar: ASTM B473
Typical Mechanical Properties
- Heat Treatment: 1800-2050°F (982-1121°C)
- Tensile Strength: 90-110 ksi (620-758 MPa)
- Suggested Operating Conditions: Up to 930°F (500°C)
- Spring Temper
- Heat Treatment: Stress Relieve 500°F (260°C)
- Tensile Strength: 150 ksi min (1034 MPa)
- Suggested Operating Conditions: Up to 500°F (260°C)
For further information Contact:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1 847 695 1900
Elgiloy Specialty Metals – Wire Products
356 N.Cross Street
Sycamore, IL 60178 USA
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
• The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
• Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
• The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
• Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
• In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.