HAYNES® 25 alloy (L-605)
W.Nr 2.4964 / 2.4967
Combustor liners, furnace liners, gas turbine rotors, nozzle diaphragm valves, springs, heart valves
HAYNES® 25 alloy (L605) is a nonmagnetic, Cobalt-Nickel-Chromium-Tungsten alloy that combines excellent high temperature strength with good resistance to oxidization and carburization in environments up to 980°C (1795°F) for long exposures. It also has excellent resistance to sulphidation. HAYNES® 25 alloy (L605) responds very well to cold working.
Aerospace, Land-Based Turbines, Power Generation, Electronics, and Medical.
C: 0.05 – 0.15
C: 0.05 – 0.15
Mn: 1.0 – 2.0
Si: 0.40 max
P: 0.040 max
S: 0.030 max
Cr: 19.0 – 21.0
Ni: 9.0 – 11.0
W: 14.0 – 16.0
Fe: 3.0 max
Density: 0.33 lb/in3, (9.1 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 32.6 x 103 ksi (225 GPa)
Modulus of Rigidity (G):
At 70°F (20°C): 14.2 x 103 ksi (98 GPa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
6.8 µin/in.-°F (70°F to 600°F)
12 µm/m-°C (20°C to 538°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 34.9 µΩ.in, (89 µΩ.cm)
Thermal Conductivity: 65 Btu-in/ft2hr-°F, (9.4 W/m-K)
Strip and Foil: AMS 5537, Rolls Royce MSRR 7053, NACE MR0175/ISO 15156
Typical Mechanical Properties
- Tensile Strength: 130 ksi (896 MPa) Min
HAYNES® is a registered trademark of Haynes International, Inc.
For further information Contact:
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
- The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
- Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
- The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
- Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.