Combustion chambers, gas turbine engine components such as honeycomb seals, compressor vanes and combustor cases.
HASTELLOY® X alloy is a nickel-chromium-iron-molybdenum alloy that possesses an exceptional combination of oxidation resistance, fabricability and high-temperature strength. HASTELLOY® X alloy exhibits good ductility after prolonged exposure to high temperatures.
Aerospace, Industrial Furnaces, Petrochemical, and Chemical Processing.
C: 0.05 – 0.15
Mn: 1.0 max
Si: 1.0 max
P: 0.040 max
S: 0.030 max
Cr: 20.50 – 23.00
Co: 0.50 – 2.50
Mo: 8.0 – 10.0
W: 0.20 – 1.0
Fe: 17.0 – 20.0
Al: 0.50 max
Ti: 0.15 max
Density: 0.297 lb/in3, (8.22 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 29.8 x 103 ksi (205 GPa)
Modulus of Rigidity (G):
At 70°F (20°C): 11.3 x 103 ksi (77.6 GPa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
8.1 µin/in.-°F (70°F to 1000°F)
14.5 µm/m-°C (20°C to 538°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 46.6 µΩ.in, (118.36 µΩ.cm)
Thermal Conductivity: 63.0 Btu-in/ft2hr-°F, (9.1 W/m-K)
Strip and Foil: AMS 5536
Typical Mechanical Properties
- Heat Treatment: 2125°F (1163°C)
- Tensile Strength: 105 ksi (MPa) min
- Suggested Operating Conditions: -300°F to 2200°F (-184°C to 1205°C)
HASTELLOY® is a registered trademark of Haynes International, Inc.
For further information Contact:
Phone: 1 888 843 2350
Elgiloy Specialty Metals – Strip Products
1565 Fleetwood Dr.
Elgin, IL 60123 USA
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
- The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
- Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
- The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
- Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.