Alloy 347 Stainless Steel
Annealing covers, High-temperature tempering equipment, Diesel and heavy-duty automotive exhaust, Firewalls, Stack liners, Boiler casings, Welded pressure vessels, Aircraft components, Bellows, Oil refinery equipment, Springs
Type 347 is a stabilized austenitic stainless steel, similar to type 304, but alloyed with Niobium (Columbium) for use in applications involving continuous or intermittent service at 800-1500°F (427-816°C). 347 stainless has excellent resistance to oxidation, even surpassing that of 321 in strong oxidizing conditions. The alloy maintains resistance to intergranular corrosion, while also possessing good creep strength compared to other 300 series stainless steels. The alloy is strengthened only through cold work and can be fabricated, machined, and welded via most conventional processes.
Aerospace, Oil & Gas, Chemical Processing, Food Processing, Waste Treatment
C: 0.08 max
Mn: 2.00 max
Si: 1.00 max
P: 0.045 max
S: 0.030 max
Cr: 17.0 – 19.0
Ni: 9.0 – 12.0
Nb(Cb): 10*C – 1.00
N: 0.10 max
Density: 0.288 lb/in3, (7.96 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 28.0 x 103 ksi (193 GPa)
Modulus of Rigidity (G)
At 70°F (20°C): 11.2 x 103 ksi (78 GPa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
11.4 µin/in.-°F (32-1500°F)
20.5 µm/m-°C (0-871°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 28.4 µohm-in, (72 µohm-cm)
113 Btu-in/ft2hr-°F, (212°F)
16.3 W/m-°C (100°C)
Strip and Foil: AMS 5512, ASTM A240, MIL-S-23196
Typical Mechanical Properties
- Heat Treatment: 1750-2150°F (954-1175°C)
- Tensile Strength: 90 – 110 ksi (620-760 MPs)
- Suggested Operating Conditions: up to 1500°F (816°C)
For further information Contact:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1 888 843 2350
Elgiloy Specialty Metals – Strip Products
1565 Fleetwood Dr.
Elgin, IL 60123 USA
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
- The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
- Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
- The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
- Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.