Alloy 2507 Stainless Steel
Desalination equipment, Saltwater handling, Flue gas desulfurization, Food processing equipment, Heat exchangers, Pulp mill bleach systems, and Oil distillation
Type 2507 is a super-duplex (austenitic/ferritic) stainless steel designed for applications which require exceptional strength and corrosion resistance surpassing that of 304 and 316 stainless steels. The alloy has excellent resistance to stress corrosion cracking as well as pitting, crevice, and erosion corrosion. Alloy 2507 also has high thermal conductivity, a low coefficient of thermal expansion, and good weldability.
Chemical Processing, Food Processing, Oil & Gas, and Power Generation
C: 0.030 max
Mn: 1.20 max
Si: 0.80 max
P: 0.035 max
S: 0.020 max
Cr: 24.0 – 26.0
Ni: 6.0 – 8.0
M0: 3.0 – 5.0
N: 0.24 – 0.32
Cu: 0.50 max
Density: 0.280 lb/in3, (7.8 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 29.0 x 103 ksi (200 GPa)
Modulus of Rigidity (G)
At 70°F (20°C): 10.9 x 103 ksi (75 GPa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
7.2 µin/in.-°F (70-212°F)
12.96 µm/m-°C (20-100°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 32.7 µohm-in, (83.0 µohm-cm)
Strip and Foil: ASTM A240, NACE MR0175/ISO 15156
Typical Mechanical Properties
- Heat Treatment: 1920-2100°F (1050-1150°C)
- Tensile Strength: 1150-145 ksi (800-1000 MPa)
- Suggested Operating Conditions: -58°F to 572°F (-50°C to 300°C)
For further information Contact:
Phone: 1 888 843 2350
Elgiloy Specialty Metals – Strip Products
1565 Fleetwood Dr.
Elgin, IL 60123 USA
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
- The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
- Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
- The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
- Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.