Springs, nozzle partitions, turbine blades and wheels, fasteners, pumps, and hot-wire foam cutters.
Rene 41 is a precipitation-hardenable Nickel-Chromium alloy with high strength and oxidation resistance at elevated temperatures. Rene 41 has good relaxation resistance up to 1500°F (815°C) at low loads.
Aerospace, Automotive, and Polystyrene Foam Manufacturing
Cr: 18.0 – 20.0
Co: 10.0 – 12.0
Mo: 9.0 – 10.5
Fe: 5 max
Ti: 3.0 – 3.3
Al: 1.4 – 1.8
Si: 0.5 max
C: 0.12 max
S: 0.1 max
B: 0.003 – 0.01
Density: 0.298 lb/in3, (8.25 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 31.6 x 103 ksi (218 GPa)
Modulus of Rigidity (G):
At 70°F (20°C): 12.1 x 103 ksi (83.4 Gpa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
7.0 µin/in.-°F (70°F to 600°F)
12.6 µm/m-°C (20°C to 300°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 51.5 µΩ.in, (131 µΩ.cm)
Thermal Conductivity: 62.0 Btu-in/ft2hr-°F, (9.0 W/m-K)
Wire & Bar: AMS 5712, AMS 5800.
Typical Mechanical Properties – Spring Applications
- Heat Treatment: 1950°F (1065°C)
- Tensile Strength: 120 – 160 ksi; (830-1100 MPa)
- Spring Temper
- Tensile Strength: 210 – 250 ksi; (1450 – 1725 MPa)
- Spring Temper + Aged
- Heat Treatment: After spring coiling. Solution Anneal: 1950°F (1065°C) for 4 hours. Age: 1400°F (760°C) for 16 hours.
- Tensile Strength: 200 – 225 ksi (1380 – 1550 MPa)
- Suggested Operating Conditions: -300°F to 1500°F (-184°C to 815°C)
For further information Contact:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1 847 695 1900
Elgiloy Specialty Metals – Wire Products
356 N.Cross Street
Sycamore, IL 60178 USA
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
- The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
- Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
- The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
- Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.