AL-6XN® Alloy Stainless Steel
Mixing tanks, Heat exchangers, Extraction/distillation columns, Pipes, Pumps, Food processing equipment, Caustic chloride systems, Springs
AL-6XN® alloy is a corrosion resistant iron-base super-austenitic stainless steel specifically designed for seawater resistance. The alloy surpasses the performance of conventional duplex stainless steels and can be a lower-cost alternative than other nickel-base alloys. AL-6XN® also has resistance to a wide range of other corrosive environments, including protection from chloride induced stress corrosion cracking and pitting/crevice corrosion in oxidizing solutions.
Chemical Processing, Oil & Gas, Nuclear Power Generation, Food Processing
C: 0.030 max
Mn: 2.0 max
Si: 1.00 max
P: 0.040 max
S: 0.030 max
Ni: 23.5 – 25.5
Cr: 20.0 – 22.0
Mo: 6.00 – 7.00
N: 0.18 – 0.25
Cu: 0.75 max
Fe: Bal min
Density: 0.291 lb/in3, (8.06 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 28.3 x 103 ksi (195 GPa)
Modulus of Rigidity (G):
At 70°F (20°C): 10.8 x 103 ksi (74 GPa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
7.9 µin/in-°F (70-212°F)
14.2 µm/m-°C (20-100°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 35.0 µohm-in, (89.0 µohm-cm)
Thermal Conductivity: 7.5 Btu-in/ft2-hr-°F, 14.1 W/m-°C
Wire & Bar: ASTM B691, ASTM A580
Typical Mechanical Properties
- Heat Treatment: 2030-2192°F (1110-1200°C)
- Tensile Strength: 100-130 ksi (552-758 MPa)
- Suggested Operating Conditions: -320°F to 800°F (-196°C to 427°C)
- Heat Treatment: Stress Relieve 800-900°F (427-482°C)
- Tensile Strength: 190 ksi min (1034 MPa)
- Suggested Operating Conditions: Up to 800°F (427°C)
AL-6XN® is a registered trademark of ATI Properties, Inc.
For further information Contact:
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
• The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
• Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
• The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
• Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
• In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.