Inconel® Alloy 601
Petrochemical processing, industrial furnace components, gas turbine components.
Inconel® 601 is a general purpose Nickel-Chromium-Iron alloy for applications requiring good resistance to heat and corrosion. The most important property is its outstanding resistance to high temperature oxidation even under cyclical heating and cooling. Inconel® 601 also has good resistance to aqueous corrosion, has high mechanical strength, and is readily formed, machined, and welded. Age-hardening treatments are not required, as Inconel 601® is hardened and strengthened through cold work only.
Chemical Processing, Thermal Processing, Aerospace, Pollution Control, and Power Generation.
C: 0.10 max
Mn: 1.00 max
Si: 0.50 max
S: 0.015 max
Cr: 21.0 – 25.0
Ni: 58.0 – 63.0
Ti: 0.10 – 0.60
Al: 1.00 – 1.70
B: 0.006 max
Density: 0.293 lb/in3, (8.11 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 30.0 x 103 ksi (207 GPa)
Modulus of Rigidity (G)
At 70°F (20°C): 11.8 x 103 ksi (81.2 GPa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
8.1 µin/in.-°F (70°F to 600°F)
15.2 µm/m-°C (20°C to 538°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 46.5 µΩ.in, (118 µΩ.cm)
Thermal Conductivity: 78 Btu-in/ft2hr-°F, (11.2 W/m-K)
Strip: ASTM B168, AMS 5870, Din 17750
Typical Mechanical Properties
- Heat Treatment: 1975°F (1079°C)
- Tensile Strength: 80 ksi (552 MPa) min – 95 ksi (552 MPa) typ
- Suggested Operating Conditions: -300°F to 1830°F (-184°C to 1000°C)
INCONEL® is a registered trademark of the Special Metals Corporation group of companies.
For further information Contact:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1 888 843 2350
Elgiloy Specialty Metals – Strip Products
1565 Fleetwood Dr.
Elgin, IL 60123 USA
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
- The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
- Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
- The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
- Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.