Incoloy® Alloy 800
Applications include furnace components and equipment, petrochemical furnace cracker tubes, pigtails and headers, sheathes for electrical heating elements, stream generator tubing and domestic appliances.
Incoloy® Alloy 800 is used for its corrosion resistance, heat resistance, strength and stability at high temperatures. It offers general corrosion resistance to many aqueous media and resists stress corrosion cracking. At elevated temperatures it resists oxidation, carburization and sulfidation along with maintaining good rupture and creep strength.
Chemical, Thermal, Food Processing and Nuclear
C: 0.10 max
Mn: 1.50 max
Si: 1.00 max
P: 0.035 max
S: 0.015 max
Cr: 19.0 – 23.0
Ni: 30.0 – 35.0
Ti: 0.15 – 0.60
Al: 0.15 – 0.60
Cu: 0.75 max
Density: 0.287 lb/in3, (7.94 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 28.50 x 103 ksi (197 GPa)
Modulus of Rigidity (G)
At 70°F (20°C): 11 x 103 ksi (76 GPa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
9.4 µin/in.-°F (70°F to 1000°F)
16.8 µm/m-°C (20°C to 538°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 38.9 µΩ.in, (98.9 µΩ.cm)
Thermal Conductivity: 80 Btu-in/ft2hr-°F, (11.5 W/m-K)
Strip: AMS 5871, ASTM A240, ASTM B409
Typical Mechanical Properties
- Heat Treatment: 1900°F (1036°C)
- Tensile Strength: 75 ksi (520 MPa) min
- Suggested Operating Conditions: -300°F to 1500°F (-184°C to 816°C)
INCOLOY® is a registered trademark of the Special Metals Corporation group of companies.
For further information Contact:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1 888 843 2350
Elgiloy Specialty Metals – Strip Products
1565 Fleetwood Dr.
Elgin, IL 60123 USA
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
- The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
- Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
- The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
- Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.