Incoloy® A-286 Alloy
Turbine engine components, Afterburner parts, non-magnetic cryogenic equipment, springs, oil & gas manifolds
Incoloy® Alloy A-286 is an age-hardenable Iron-Nickel-Chromium alloy with high strength and corrosion resistance at elevated temperatures. These properties are maintained up to about 1300°F (700°C). The high strength and excellent fabrication characteristics of Incoloy® alloy A-286 make the alloy useful for various components of aircraft and industrial gas turbines. In the age-hardened condition, A-286 has high strength at room temperature and good creep-rupture strength during extended high-temperature exposure.
Power Generation, Aerospace, Chemical processing, Oil & Gas
C: 0.08 max
Mn: 2.00 max
Si: 1.0 max
S: 0.030 max
Mo: 1.0 – 1.5
Cr: 13.5 – 16.0
Ni: 24.0 – 27.0
Ti: 1.90 – 2.35
V: 0.1 – 0.5
Al: 0.35 max
Density: 0.287 lb/in3, (7.94 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 28.8 x 103 ksi (199 GPa)
Modulus of Rigidity (G)
At 70°F (20°C): 11.2 x 103 ksi (77 GPa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
9.47 microinches/in.-°F (70-600°F)
17.2 µm/m-°C (20-300°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 35.8 µohm-in, (91 µohm-cm)
Strip and Foil: AMS 5525, AMS 5858, GE B50T12
Typical Mechanical Properties
- Heat Treatment: 1650-1800°F (900-980°F)
- Tensile Strength: 105 ksi max
- Suggested Operating Conditions: -300 to 750°F (-184 to 400°C)
- Heat Treatment: 1325°F (718°C) for 16 hrs
- Tensile Strength: 140 ksi min
- Suggested Operating Conditions: -300 to 1300°F (-184 to 700°C)
For further information Contact:
Phone: 1 888 843 2350
Elgiloy Specialty Metals – Strip Products
1565 Fleetwood Dr.
Elgin, IL 60123 USA
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
- The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
- Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
- The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
- Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.