HAYNES® HR-120® alloy
Heat treat furnaces and fixtures, incinerators, radiant tubes, recuperators, fluidized bed components.
HAYNES® HR-120® alloy is a solid solution strengthened heat resistant alloy that provides excellent strength at elevated temperature combined with very good resistance to carburizing and sulfidizing environments. Its oxidation resistance is comparable to other widely used Fe-Ni-Cr materials but its strength at temperatures up to 2200°F is significantly higher. The alloy can be readily cold or hot formed and is commonly welded using HAYNES® 556® alloy filler wire.
C: 0.02 – 0.10
Mn: 1.50 max
Si: 1.00 max
P: 0.040 max
S: 0.030 max
Cr: 23.0 – 27.0
Co: 3.0 max
Mo: 2.50 max
W: 2.50 max
Al: 0.40 max
Cu: 0.50 max
Ni: 35.0 – 39.0
Density: 0.291 lb/in3, (8.07 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 28.6 x 103 ksi (197 GPa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
9.0 µin/in.-°F (70°F to 1000°F)
16.1 µm/m-°C (20°C to 538°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 41.1 µΩ.in, (105.2 µΩ.cm)
Thermal Conductivity: 78 Btu-in/ft2hr-°F, (11.4 W/m-K)
Strip: ASTM B409
Typical Mechanical Properties
- Heat Treatment: 2150 – 2210°F (1177 – 1210°C)
- Tensile Strength: 90 ksi (621 MPa) min
- Suggested Operating Conditions: -300°F to 2200°F (-184°C to 1200°C)
HAYNES® and HAYNES® HR-120® alloy are registered trademarks of Haynes International, Inc.
For further information Contact:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1 888 843 2350
Elgiloy Specialty Metals – Strip Products
1565 Fleetwood Dr.
Elgin, IL 60123 USA
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
- The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
- Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
- The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
- Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.