Hastelloy® C-4 Alloy
Chemical processing, nuclear fuel processing, marine applications.
Hastelloy® C-4 alloy is a nickel-chromium-molybdenum alloy with excellent resistance to stress-corrosion cracking and to oxidizing atmospheres at high temperature. It has virtually the same corrosion resistance as C-276. It exhibits exceptional resistance to a wide variety of chemical process environments.
C: 0.015 max
Mn: 1.0 max
Si: 0.08 max
P: 0.040 max
S: 0.030 max
Cr: 14.0 – 18.0
Ci: 2.0 max
Mo: 14.0 – 17.0
Ti: 0.70 max
Fe: 3.0 max
Density: 0.312 lb/in3, (8.64 g/cm3)
Modulus of Elasticity (E):
At 70°F (20°C): 30.8 x 103 ksi (211GPa)
Modulus of Rigidity (G):
At 70°F (20°C): 11.4 x 103 ksi (78.6 GPa)
Coefficient of Expansion:
7.4 µin/in.-°F (70°F to 1000°F)
13.3 µm/m-°C (20°C to 538°C)
Electrical Resistivity: 49.1 µΩ.in, (1.25 µΩ.cm)
Thermal Conductivity: 70.0 Btu-in/ft2hr-°F, (10.1 W/m-K)
Strip: ASTM B575, NACE MR0175
Typical Mechanical Properties
- Heat Treatment: 1950°F (1065°C)
- Tensile Strength: 100 ksi (690 MPa) min – 125 ksi (860 MPa) typ
- Suggested Operating Conditions: -300°F to 750°F (-184°C to 400°C)
Hastelloy® is a registered trademark of Haynes International, Inc.
For further information Contact:
Email: stripinq[email protected]
Phone: 1 888 843 2350
Elgiloy Specialty Metals – Strip Products
1565 Fleetwood Dr.
Elgin, IL 60123 USA
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
- The content in these data sheets is provided primarily by third-party melting mills and is provided for reference only. It is not intended for engineering or design.
- Applications may be discussed, however, Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., does not recommend or endorse any material for any particular end use or application.
- The data included in this data sheet are typical values and may vary.
- Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, condition, suitability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability of any information contained in any data sheet.
In no event will Elgiloy Specialty Metals, a Division of Combined Metals of Chicago L.L.C., be liable for any damages whatsoever arising from the use of the information included in the data sheets.